Thursday, March 28, 2013

България

Have I told you lately how much I enjoy teaching?
Have I mentioned how deeply I love my students?
How I would give anything, do anything, sacrifice anything if ever they needed me to?
Have I told you how joy consumes my heart when I see my little ones at the orphanage?
Have I told you how loving they are?
Have I told you how bright and happy their smiles are when we spend time together? Or how bright and happy my smile becomes to see them so happy?
Have I told you lately, what an honor it is to be in this beautiful country?
Have I told you about the people I have come to know?
How they have openly welcomed me into their lives?
How they have shown me such generosity and love?
 How they teach me everyday? Encourage me everyday? Pour joy into my life every single day?
Have I told you about this land? 
This beautiful creation of hills that 
roll endlessly onward?
Have I told you of the mighty mountains, draped in untrodden snow that melts into mysterious forests? 
Or the green pastures laid against an ever-blue sky?
 
Have I told you about Bulgaria? 
Because if I haven't, you should know,
it has a hold on my heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment